Industries that Rely on ABS Precision CNC Machining
ABS offers precision CNC machining services for a wide range of large parts. The materials we work with include stainless steel, titanium, aluminum, brass, copper and Inconel®. Our team is capable of machining parts up to 50 feet in diameter and 250 ft in length. Our projects include low to high volume production as well as prototypes. Secondary services such as assembly, welding, kitting, metrology and inspection are also offered – making ABS your complete manufacturing solution.
Additionally, at ABS we maintain a massive fleet of machinery comprised of dozens of duplicate pieces of equipment. This redundancy allows us to offer unparalleled versatility, nimbly adjusting operations as necessary to accommodate fluctuations in customer needs. Small machine shops are simply unable to deliver this level of redundancy in machining and other equipment – just another reason OEMs rely on us for their precision CNC machining and heavy fabrication needs.
At ABS, we provide world-class precision CNC machining services for a broad range of industries including turbomachinery, hydroelectric, oil and gas, military, mining, impellers, and many more.
- Hydroelectric: Hydroelectric energy, also called hydroelectricity, is a form of energy that harnesses the power of water in motion—such as water flowing over a waterfall—to generate electricity. ABS precision CNC machining creates hydroelectric assemblies to support this sector. Watch our short video to learn more about the scale and possibilities of our hydroelectric assemblies. .
- Turbomachinery: ABS has employed precision CNC machining to create parts for the turbomachinery industry for decades including gas turbine housings. The capability of our facilities is unmatched as we have no restriction on frame size. To learn more about ABS gas turbine housings, watch our short video.
- Oil and Gas: at ABS, our CNC precision machining professionals can create parts from nearly every type of material from stainless steel to Inconel. ABS supports the oil and gas industry with a variety of parts as well as subsea cladding.
- Impellers:: the ABS 5-Axis machining department was built from the ground up with our clients' needs in mind. We developed this manufacturing cell focusing on complex shrouded impellers first, which are known in the industry as “single piece wheels”. Building on the successful launch of the most complex designs, ABS rapidly tooled up to cost effectively manufacture impellers up to 80 inches in diameter. Watch our short video to learn more about our impeller fabrication that is made possible with CNC precision machining.
- Military and Defense: precision CNC machining is often essential when manufacturing parts for the military and defense sectors. Examples of machined parts for these industries include plane parts and transportation components.